Search the Web

Monday, September 8, 2008

House 7, Quilt 0...

Does this happen to you? "I'll get to the quilt right after breakfast. Oh, wait a sec, I'll just bring the laundry down. Oops, I meant to vaccum there yesterday. Oh no, look at the time, I have to get to ___"

And the morning and the evening are the first day.

Someone has a change of schedule. Bus tickets change hands, new timetables play havoc with meal prep and homework.

And the morning and the evening are the second day...

And before I know it, an entire week has gone by - without me touching a quilt.

One of the quilts is hanging up in the sewing room, waiting for me to mark with safety pins the areas to be repaired. So it's waiting for me.

Another is up, on a frame, in front of the rocking chair in the living room. Everything needed is right beside it.

It's not like there's any particular difficulty in getting ready to quilt! I don't have to set anything up first. All I have to do is physically plop myself into the chair and pick up the needle!

So why have seven complete days gone by without a stitch?

No comments: